Saturday, December 29, 2012

Jedi Cloak

As a Christmas gift to a friend of mine, I undertook the making of my first Jedi cloak, and found it to be a very quick and easy project! I used the measurements and layouts Padawan's Guide as a starting point, but since my friend is 6'2", and the layout is for someone 5'5", I had to make a few adjustments. I was also making Mace Windu's cloak instead of the regular Jedi cloak, which has much longer sleeves, so I had to adjust for that, as well. You can see the difference between the two in the pic below.

These were all minor adjustments, and I was able to cut everything out and put it together very quickly. And my friend seemed to greatly enjoy his Christmas gift. :D

The cloak is 100% wool. It's unlined, so I used French seams on everything to keep things tidy.
I don't think I'll be finishing anything else before the end of the year, so look for my 2012 wrap-up post next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment